Why is the human mind constantly seeking happiness including joy and pleasure? Is it because it thinks acquiring happiness is good for the health of body and mind? Or is it simply interested in the stimulation and response process of the five senses and nothing more?
The fact that the human mind is constantly seeking happiness is an admission that it is not happy or happy enough. Is negative social comparing a cause of unhappiness? Does it lead to envy, jealousy, and unhappiness? Does that mean that a hermit in a cave, with no one to compare to, in the mountains is happy? Or is lack of a systematic socio-economic progression in life another cause for unhappiness?
If mind thinks acquiring happiness is good for the health of body and mind, then why does it do stuff that makes it unhappy such as clinging to the past that can not be changed and worrying about the future that does not exist. Is unhappiness due to your inability to accept the situation as it is and adapt accordingly?
What you are, your profession is the best you are at this point.
Who you are, your family lineage is the best you are at this point. What you have, money and properties are the best you have at this point. What you do, social skill is the best you do at this point.
You have tried everything but in vain. Now try this.
Say it in your heart to yourself that ” I am”
1. Good looking ( you may be Humpty Dumpty but if you truly feel it then even Salman Khan can not make you feel ugly)
2. Rich ( you may be in slums but If you truly feel it, then even Bill Gates cannot make you feel poor.)
3. Intelligent ( you may be dumb as fuck but if you truly feel it even Albert Einstein cannot make you feel dumb)
4. Healthy ( maybe you have aids but if you truly feel it then even the best doctor in the world cannot make you feel unhealthy or ill)
5. Strong ( even though you may be weaker than a rabbit but if you truly feel it then even Mike Tyson cannot make you feel weak)
6. Kind ( even though you may be a psychopath but if you truly feel it then even Hitler cannot make you a psychopath)
7. Courageous ( even if you are as cowardly as a fox but if you truly feel it then even a tiger cannot make you a coward)
8. Leader ( even if you are a blind slave but if you truly feel it then even Osho cannot enslave you.
9. Happy ( even though you are unhappy deep inside but if you truly feel it then even hell cannot make you unhappy)
10. Active ( even though you are lazy as a sloth but if you truly feel it then even hot afternoon cannot make you feel lazy.
11. Confident (even though you are unsure of yourself and what and how you do things but if you truly feel it then even a million strong audience cannot shake your confidence).
12. Determined ( even though you are weak-willed)
It takes practice, patience and time and It works eventually! Inner reprogramming! That’s called the power of positive thinking or some sage said long ago that you are what you think. Perception is the key. But nothing lasts forever, happiness or unhappiness. That’s the nature of reality but positive thinking helps for sure.
Failing to live in here and now positively and in totality is the cause of unhappiness in your life.
Failing to realize that no one can put you down mentally and emotionally without your consent is also the cause of unhappiness in your life. Of course if someone saws off your leg it is natural that you cry in pain. Other than that no one or nothing in this world can hurt you.
Because people don’t realize this basic fact, life becomes a misery characterized by discontent, frustration, desperation, depression, anxiety, paranoia, anger and hatred.
For most people, as they venture into their 20s they have money problems. Then they have a hard time finding the right spouse. Then they found the spouse but the spouse is barren and they need children. When they have the children they are either deformed or ugly or unhealthy or into drugs or in total apathy to their parents in old age and the saga of human life goes on.