By Mila Rangzen
This is Tibetan domestic politics, not Tibet-China politics. So, keep the debate in context.
Their modus operandi in silencing us is this:
- Your criticism will create division within our community along regional lines. But when Khampas do it, either people claim it as their fundamental rights, or they will just ignore it. Shugden activists (99% are Khampas) talked shit about the Dalai Lama and CTA on youtube for years, and nobody lifted even a finger. Why this double standard? Why is it wrong for a non-Khampa Tibetan— who has not sold his soul to the Chinese— to blow a whistle?
- This “division” will upset the Dalai Lama, and he will not live long. If something happens to him, then you are responsible. Don’t do it near the CTA and HH. You are a Shugden follower.
- Such criticism will make our enemy glad and our brethren sad. Why are we doing this to ourselves?
- We are an exile community and not an independent country so don’t copy the West. Shame on you!
- If you want to criticize, do so to the Chinese. When you do, they tell you to do the Middle Way, not the Rangzen way!
- Your freedom of speech hurts our unity. Stop comparing our society to others because we are refugees.
- Your freedom of thought is disturbing the minds of our people and the peace in our community.
- Your freedom of expression is a bad example to the Tibetan youth.
- Freedom of speech has limits. Why are you doing the work of Chinese–our enemy? You are one brainwashed idiot.
- You are hurting the Tibetan cause.
- You are anti-Dalai Lama, anti-CTA, anti-Tibetan, anti-Gaden Phodrang, un-Tibetan, un-Buddhist, CCP agent
- If you want to protest, then go to the Chinese embassy.
- One scare tactic they use quite successfully is “The ghosts of regionalism from the 60s up to 90s will revisit our small community and the Dalai Lama will be upset.
Bottom line is STF! Follow the Chota Supreme Leader! Follow him blindly!
Their objective is to create fear, guilt, and shame in you, so you get paralyzed even to react, and that’s when they gain total control over you with ease. Our job is not to behave slavishly. No response can be more fitting than this! Their deflection tactic for criticism will fail!
Anytime you criticize a Utsang leader, Khampas will tell you ” You are an honest upfront brave man!” But when you criticize a Khampa leader they will tell you,” I thought you were brave and honest, but you are not! You are rude! You are regional!
Dear U-Tsangs, I understand it is not easy for you to come out of your deep slumber. For centuries, we practiced pacifism after having been inspired by Buddhism. But the price we pay for pacifism and meekness is the erosion of our pride, courage, unity, and determination. It is psychologically harmful to our children. No more nyamchung crap!
Sing this new prayer with the same Tsemay younten tune, and you will get the message.
Tsemay younten gyatsoe pel nga shing
Nyamchung go la dho tar shak sha rey
Jigten dodhang dhinday yin na
Dhue nam yang khur thuppa mindhuk !
When my nine-year-old son Gyakhab Rangzen asked me one day out of the blue “Daddy, why are our U-Tsang people so meek? “
At first, I was taken aback by his observation. Regaining my composure, I told him “Son, we are not cowards. We had a central government, and so we abandoned tribalism for unity long ago. We are used to peace for long, and hence we forgot the art of war. And to protect our skin, we now do become selfish not realizing that it is harder to break a dozen arrows than one. Remember, we U-Tsangs once unified the whole of Tibet and conquered distant lands through war. We were warriors once. History is the witness. We can be warriors again”.
He hugged me with his chest puffed up with pride and confidence. I will never forget that day because I was the happiest daddy and he was the proudest son in the whole world, and we both are hardcore U-Tsangs.
Yes, in pacifism, we become rats. And when the rats get disoriented with fear they will attack the victim, not the perpetrator because it is safe and comfortable. We allow Khampas to use U-Tsangs to attack our own. Remember Yapchen Passang Tsewang attacked our hero Dawa Tsering with false allegations. Who can forget it?
Tenpa Yarphel and his ilk bullied him for fifteen years over the Yongling school despite losing the battle legally many times. They also brought up false murder allegations against Penpa Tsering to bring him down to ensure the victory of their root guru Lobsang Sangay. What U-Tsang attacked Khampas so mercilessly with such hate and jealousy raging in their eyes in the past six decades? None.
We respected them for their courage, straightforwardness, decisiveness, resoluteness and the help they render to their tribe. But what have we got back? Nothing but negative regionalism, intimidation, hatred, jealousy, bullying, exploitation, discrimination, insults, death threats, and assaults. Nothing but attacks after attacks.
Now we begin to witness our patience has both depth and limit. Always remember, when a Khampa hurls outrageous allegations on a U-Tsang, our leadership is silent. But when a U-Tsang fights back, the administration goes reciting the mantra,
“Om, Unity! Unity! Unity!”
Call me names or do what you can, I will not budge an inch so should you not. Let the sky fall; I don’t give a damn. If disunity is a suffering–let both, not one–suffer.
I will never ever abandon the death-bed advice that my father gave me long ago, “Even if you are reduced to a life of slums and misery, never sell your soul to the Red China who is responsible for the loss of our country and our dignity. Fight if you can as a Tibetan for nothing less than total independence. But if Khampa regionalism urinates on the head of U-Tsangs, then you should stand up first and fight as a hardcore U-Tsang! And lead others by example. When in international politics, play your Tibetan role: When in Tibetan domestic politics, play your U-Tsang role. ”
Vow not to shove shit into the mouth of a U-Tsang who served you butter and honey!
Vow not to kiss the ass of a Khampa who urinated on your head!
If you stick to these two vows then you are a U-Tsang who will earn the respect and votes of all other U-Tsangs.
Don’t forget November 27, 2017, Monday 10 am sharp!
Blast the Kashag building with slogans!
P.S. If you know of corruption or injustice at high levels and if you have facts, evidence, photos, audio, videos, contact me–the Tibetan WikiLeaks at firstname.lastname@example.org